Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Default Short Cut keys not saving in word 2003

The short cut keys are not saving in word when word exits
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you being prompted to save the Normal template? If so, are you saying
yes?

http://word.mvps.org

"Sean" wrote in message
The short cut keys are not saving in word when word exits

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, on the Save tab of Tools | Options, make sure that you have "Prompt to
save the Normal template" checked. If you create new shortcuts and save them
in Normal.dot and are not prompted to save when you quit Word, then
something is interfering. One known culprit is Adobe Acrobat 7.0 (I think).

You can force a save of Normal.dot by pressing Shift while you click the
File menu. This will force the menu to display the Save All command. Use
that (you can decline to save any open documents you don't want to save) and
Normal.dot will be saved.

If that still doesn't work, then are you on a corporate network that might
be resetting Normal.dot at startup? If so, you'll need to save your
shortcuts in a global template placed in Word's Startup folder.

http://word.mvps.org