rustyd

Default Anyone experience pages feeding and then the printer prints?

I am feeding cardstock through my HP Deskjet, but the page is sent through
and then the printer prints on "ghost" paper. I have checked every setting I
can think of. I only have one page in Word. I even selected "Print
Selection" and it still won't work correctly. Any ideas?
Happy Harry

Assuming you have set the dialogue boxes for printer,
and/or Page Set-up, to the appropriate card setting; when
the 'ghost' paper prints do you mean a sheet passes
through after the card but is blank? Or are you saying
the printer makes its usual printing noises without
passing a sheet? Also, is there paper in the tray in
addition to the first card. What happens if you print
paper only - do you get the same double action?

If the above is no help try something which still catches
me out at times, but this depends on your having Print
Reverse Order (or similar word) operating. If your
document is a single page job (and if you are running
Word!) look near the left side of the status bar to see
how many pages are shown. You will see something
like '1/1' meaning you are displaying page one out of a
total of one. Should the intended page be getting near
the foot it is quite easy to have the short horizontal
line too far below the insertion point so you have
created and entered the second page - but it carries no
typing. This will show as '1/2' . Put the cursor just
above this short line and keep pressing backspace to
raise it back to page one. Watch the 1/2 change to 1/1
then stop.
You would have been printing page two, blank, on the
card, followed by an attempt to print page one (on paper
that is not there?)

rustyd

Thanks for taking the time to write. However, I have already examined all
the normal avenues like you suggest. It is just a weird problem that even HP
doesn't seem to have a reply to. Their platinum help desk told me to read
the manual which I have done a gazillion times.

I have a one-page document (yes it is absolutely only one page - I've been
using Word since it's very first release and was using word processing
software before Word was born. I'm old!). The document will print
absolutely fine on any media from the bottom or top (front) page feeders of
my HP 1000C DeskJet. However, as soon as I try to put any type of media in
the rear manual feed and hit print, the page feeds completely through and
then the print head starts printing for a few seconds until it "realizes" it
isn't printing on anything. Then it stops and gives me an error message
saying it needs media. If I put another sheet in the manual feed and press
the resume button, it feeds completely through and I go through the whole
process again. I have tried to quickly feed a second sheet after the first,
but the alignment is almost always wrong.

I haven't been able to figure out if this is an HP or Word problem. It's
probably HP, but they are hopeless in their support. I was hoping someone in
this forum might have experienced the problem before and found a resolution.
I have tried every setting in Word I can find and it doesn't affect the
problem.

Thanks again Harry.

"Happy Harry" wrote:

[...]

.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?cnVzdHlk?=,

I haven't been able to figure out if this is an HP or Word problem. It's
probably HP, but they are hopeless in their support. I was hoping someone in
this forum might have experienced the problem before and found a resolution.
I have tried every setting in Word I can find and it doesn't affect the
problem.

A more likely forum to get feedback and support on your issue would be
word.printingfonts

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org