Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Subrata Subrata is offline

Default how do I embed a .swf file in Word document?

please provide me the steps of inserting a .swf file in word document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You don't say which version of Word you are using.
For 2003 and prior, see following, for 2007 instruction may differ.
Insert, Object, Create from File tab, check Display as icon, leave Link to
file unchecked, Browse - find the file you want, OK, now in the File Name
box, delete the FilePath - careful, do not just select all and delete, go to
the start and delete from there, if you do delete part or all of the filename
itself, Word can lose connection to the file and you will have to start
again. I recommend deleting the filepath because the icon only shows a small
amount of text when displayed as an icon. - OK.
You should now have the icon image of your file embedded in your Word
document.
Hope this helps
DeanH

please provide me the steps of inserting a .swf file in word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Subrata Subrata is offline

I am using Office 2007, I have tried the steps earlier, but my question is if
I delete the .swf file from the source location, then it doesn't work, or say
if I send the word file to my friend it doesn't work, Please tell me how to
make my word document an independent file with .swf embeded, and it the movie
should play automatically on opening the word file.

please provide me the steps of inserting a .swf file in word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

It sounds that you are linking to the file, as mentioned before ensure that
this box is unchecked, then the file will be completely embedded in the Word
file with no links. I don't have 2007 so cannot indicate exactly where these
controls are.
DeanH

please provide me the steps of inserting a .swf file in word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

I don't think that Word has the capacity to auto play/open any embedded file.
Maybe a macro can do this, but could be dangerous.
DeanH