Rosebud

Default delay from keystrokes to typing on screen

When I type in Word (and also Outlook Express) there is a delay between the
time I type the characters and when they appear on screen. By that I mean
when I type rapidly, it displays five characters or so on the screen and then
stops andd then delivers more all in a rush.
Can anyone help?