Sugarloaf Sugarloaf is offline
Junior Member

Default Blank Space on the left of footer

I have microsoft word 2010 and I have been everywhere on the internet looking for a solution but can't seem to find it. I have created a custom footer and inserted a banner picture to cover the entire bottom of each page. The issue is that the picture will not cover a section of the left of the page. When I try to expand the picture it just extends off the right of the page. I know this is possible because there are documents out there that cover the entire footer or header of the page.

Attached is a pic to show you what I mean.
Attached Images

Sugarloaf Sugarloaf is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarloaf View Post
I have microsoft word 2010 and I have been everywhere on the internet looking for a solution but can't seem to find it. I have created a custom footer and inserted a banner picture to cover the entire bottom of each page. The issue is that the picture will not cover a section of the left of the page. When I try to expand the picture it just extends off the right of the page. I know this is possible because there are documents out there that cover the entire footer or header of the page.

Attached is a pic to show you what I mean.

I finally figured is out. You have to show the ruler and then drag the guidelines to the edge of the paper
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to change the left margin setting in the paragraph style
that the footer is set to. Just enter the footer and move the margin
marker in the ruler -- and then either save that as the Footer style,
or name a new style that you'll only use in the footer.

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 10:31:06 AM UTC-4, Sugarloaf wrote:
I have microsoft word 2010 and I have been everywhere on the internet
looking for a solution but can't seem to find it. I have created a
custom footer and inserted a banner picture to cover the entire bottom
of each page. The issue is that the picture will not cover a section of
the left of the page. When I try to expand the picture it just extends
off the right of the page. I know this is possible because there are
documents out there that cover the entire footer or header of the page.

Attached is a pic to show you what I mean.

|Filename: Capture.jpg |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=252|

Sugarloaf

Amy Warren Amy Warren is offline