Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xtr692969 xtr692969 is offline

Default 2003 and 2007

I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 academic version.
Is it possible to install Office 2003 on my computer as well, running
independently from 2007?
Gus Porteners

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:46:50 +1300, "xtr692969" wrote:

I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 academic version.
Is it possible to install Office 2003 on my computer as well, running
independently from 2007?
Gus Porteners

Yes, you can do that. See the first part of
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm for instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xtr692969 xtr692969 is offline

Thank you for the quick reply; what service!!
It seems then that as long as I don't run the 2 versions together there is
no interaction. That would completely solve my problem.
Gus

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:46:50 +1300, "xtr692969" wrote:

I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 academic version.
Is it possible to install Office 2003 on my computer as well, running
independently from 2007?
Gus Porteners

Yes, you can do that. See the first part of
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm for instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

You might want to check this article as well, to ensure that you can
legally do it depending on the licenses you have...

Working with Multiple Versions of Office

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified Instructor, Editor/TechTrax Ezine
Tech Editor for Word & Office 2007 Bibles
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Dian.Chapman

Free PC Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word Tricks eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

wrote:

I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 academic version.
Is it possible to install Office 2003 on my computer as well, running
independently from 2007?
Gus Porteners

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xtr692969 xtr692969 is offline

Thank you Dian for your advice; luckily both my versions are not OEM nor
upgrades. I take it that there is no lag between Office 2007 and 2003 if I
run them separately, both installed on the same computer though.
Gus

wrote:

I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 academic version.
Is it possible to install Office 2003 on my computer as well, running
independently from 2007?
Gus Porteners

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

No! You WILL get the reinstall components lag time if both are on the
same system because say you open 2003...it needs to reset the registry
so that IT is the head honcho version. Then if you open 2007...it
wants to be in charge so it'll reset all the registry settings to its
own version. If you don't switch often, it's not all that big of a
deal (although 2007 can take its sweet time doing the update!). But if
you switch as often as I do...it'll make you crazy!

Hope that helps (and what you meant???)

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified Instructor, Editor/TechTrax Ezine
Tech Editor for Word & Office 2007 Bibles
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Dian.Chapman

Free PC Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word Tricks eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:05:10 +1300, "xtr692969"
wrote:

Thank you Dian for your advice; luckily both my versions are not OEM nor
upgrades. I take it that there is no lag between Office 2007 and 2003 if I
run them separately, both installed on the same computer though.
Gus

.. .

wrote:

I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 academic version.
Is it possible to install Office 2003 on my computer as well, running
independently from 2007?
Gus Porteners

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can run both together, even on screen at the same time, but only one of
them can be the default.

wrote:
I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 academic version.
Is it possible to install Office 2003 on my computer as well,
running independently from 2007?
Gus Porteners

Yes, you can do that. See the first part of
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm for instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xtr692969 xtr692969 is offline

Yes Dian, that is the answer. The only thing i wonder about is if I can get
any crazier than I am now anway....
Not that it matters at my hexadicimal age of 56.

Thanks

wrote:

Thank you Dian for your advice; luckily both my versions are not OEM nor
upgrades. I take it that there is no lag between Office 2007 and 2003 if I
run them separately, both installed on the same computer though.
Gus

. ..

wrote:

I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 academic version.
Is it possible to install Office 2003 on my computer as well, running
independently from 2007?
Gus Porteners

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

hee, hee Ah...you're just a pup! ;-)

(And if you wanna see crazy...try menopause!eg)

Dian ~

wrote:

I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 academic version.
Is it possible to install Office 2003 on my computer as well, running
independently from 2007?
Gus Porteners

Word 2007 and 2003 maggie Microsoft Word Help 1 January 16th 08 04:45 PM
2007 vs 2003 Deb Microsoft Word Help 1 October 29th 07 10:30 PM
Using 2003 after upgrade to 2007 Sanford New Users 1 April 28th 07 04:13 AM
2003 & 2007 together mrQQ Microsoft Word Help 2 January 23rd 07 03:45 PM
Using Word 2003 vs 2007 wgrrr Microsoft Word Help 1 January 22nd 07 11:12 PM