Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David

Default How do I remove an underline on a new Word document?

I open Word to make a new document and there is already an "underline" there.
I will not go away with a backspace or delete. It will not highlight so I can
right click and delete. I am in an online class and this is affecting my
assignments. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:01:01 -0800, David
wrote:

I open Word to make a new document and there is already an "underline" there.
I will not go away with a backspace or delete. It will not highlight so I can
right click and delete. I am in an online class and this is affecting my
assignments. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is this just a short underline? If you are in Normal view, this "underline,"
which indicates the end of the document, is always present. If you will
switch to Print Layout (or Page Layout) view, you will not see it.