Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Ron is offline

Default word submenus

For some reason I cannot get certain submenus to show up. For example, when
I want to convert a table to text, I have the TABLE-CONVERT choice in the
menu, but no submenus under CONVERT.

Same is true for some, but not all submenus?

Anyone have any ideas
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See if this article helps:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Ron" wrote in message
For some reason I cannot get certain submenus to show up. For example,
when
I want to convert a table to text, I have the TABLE-CONVERT choice in the
menu, but no submenus under CONVERT.

Same is true for some, but not all submenus?

Anyone have any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Ron is offline

Thanks for the suggestion.

Using winword.exe /a worked BUT I still cannot get the regular word program
to display the submenus even after I used regedit to delete the toolbar
resistry.

I have spent hours trying to correct this!??

Thanks Ron

"Ron" wrote in message
For some reason I cannot get certain submenus to show up. For example,
when
I want to convert a table to text, I have the TABLE-CONVERT choice in the
menu, but no submenus under CONVERT.

Same is true for some, but not all submenus?

Anyone have any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What happens if you rename Normal.dot?

But, before you do that, try this:

Tools - Customize - Toolbars tab. In the list, click on Menu Bar, then click
Reset.

Does this fix it? (If not, then ensure that Tools - Customize - Options,
"Always show full menus" is enabled.)

If doing a reset doesn't fix it... then close Word and try renaming
Normal.dot (see Tools - Options - File Locations - User templates to see
where it's stored).

--

"Ron" wrote in message
For some reason I cannot get certain submenus to show up. For example,
when
I want to convert a table to text, I have the TABLE-CONVERT choice in
the
menu, but no submenus under CONVERT.

Same is true for some, but not all submenus?

Anyone have any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Ron is offline

Herb

thanks so much.

Tools - Customize - Toolbars tab. In the list, click on Menu Bar, then click
Reset. worked!!!

Thanks