Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MiMi

Default How to delete a systems folder?

I was cleaning my pc one day and when I finished I discovered a new icon and
a number 5. I've never seen the icon before on my pc. It kind of looks like
the printer icon. Our IS team cannot help me. When I open microsoft word
and go to Look In: this icon5 comes up under systems folder under My Network
Places. I tried to delete it, but it won't go away. I was able to delete
just the icon, but the folder is still there.

Normally I open word, go to Look In: click on the V drive, then click on my
name folder, then all of my folders come up.

Now, I go to Look In: clikd on V drive, then click on my name folder, then
this icon5 comes up with all of my files below it. If I save under this icon
5 thing, then my files won't be updated in my regular v drive.

In other words the icon 5 is jumping into the v drive place. I'm not very
computer savvy, and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Word is a very poor method for managing folders and files. You need to be in
your operating system. I don't have a clue what the new icon is but I doubt
it has anything directly to do with Word. If your operating system is
Windows you need to set your folder views so that you can view hidden and
system files. Note, this may not trump network settings which may prevent
you from doing this. Have you installed or updated any software recently,
especially anything from Adobe or Norton?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"MiMi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Mimi -

I did a quick Google and found that installing a RAID 5 system can create an
icon with a 5. DO NOT delete that icon or folder. Talk to your IS team and
ask them if they've installed an Adaptec SCSI RAID controller.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MiMi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MiMi

Thank you for your response. I already tried to delete the folder, but it
won't go away. I'll contact our IS team and hope they will know what they
are doing.