Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justin Justin is offline

Default I want to restore all settings to original - please help

Please help me. I have totally messed up all kinds of different settings
trying to fix a problem. At this point I would like to restore all settings
to original. Like it was the first time I installed it. Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

One of the easiest ways I've found for this is to set a different language
as your default language. This doesn't completely reset everything but I've
found it's usually enough for what you are looking for and it's easier than
trying to do it manually.

Exit your Office applications, go to Start/Programs/Microsoft
Office/Microsoft Office Tools/Microsoft Office Language Settings. Select
another language that uses a different character set, such as Japanese as
your primary editing language and remove English from the enabled language
list. Click OK and then repeat the process and set your English language as
your primary editing language.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton