#1   Report Post  

Default Thoughts on Mail Merge Automation

I am developing a user friendly application utilizing Excel VBA to create and process a database to be used as the source of data for a Word mail merge.

From Excel, the user may choose to create one of 16 different documents based on the data in the database. The 16 different documents are based on the recipient lists of the particular merge.

Currently, all I can automate is Excel opening the appropriate mail merge document. To make the process of finalizing the directory style mail merge document hands off for the user, is it possible that upon opening of the document ...

a) the new document is compiled based on the recipient factors associated with the mail merge document
b) tagged with a unique file name
c) saved
d) printed
e) word closed and returned to Excel

Thoughts?

Jenn