flexible flexible is offline
Junior Member

Default change on 1 sentence applied to whole document

Hi,

I just got word 2010 and I am facing an annoying problem.

When I change font or alignment for example on one particular sentence, the changes will be applied to that sentence and then automatically to the whole text. I need to click the undo arraw to come back to what I wanted (and click twice the undo arraw to come back to orignal).

Im working on several hundred pages documents so this is really time consuming to check and change all the time.

Did anybody faced that issue before or knows how to solve it, that would be highly appreciated

Thanks and regards
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...eformatted.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Kiri Kiri is offline
Junior Member

Lightbulb

Best way to avoid that issue aside from "unchecking" the "automatically update" box when you go to "Modify Style" is to apply or create your own Style tag, and make sure that the "Style based on:" is "(no style)". Using "Normal" style inevitably contributes to problems further down the formatting road, especially if you are using automated numbering/bullets/headings. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible View Post