how do you set up a header row in Word 2003

Old November 25th 04, 10:55 PM
nunny

Default how do you set up a header row in Word 2003

I use a data source from our server. When i bring the data into my mail merge
it uses the first row of data as the column names or header row. In word 2000
you could set up a separate file as the header row. Can you do this in word
2003?
Old November 26th 04, 04:43 AM
Doug Robbins

From the Tools menu, select Customize and on the Commands tab, select the
All Commands category and the locate the MailMergeHelper command and left
click and drag it onto a toolbar. That will give you access to the old
interface that has the option of creating or opening a header file.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP