Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
New User in Utah New User in Utah is offline

Default automatically expanding columns

My table's vertical line expands (moves) as I enter information. I want the
column to stay the predetermined width and wrap the text to the next line.
Word 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you can figure out how to access the Table Properties dialog in Word
2007, click Options on the Table tab and clear the check box for
"Automatically resize to fit contents."

"New User in Utah" New User in wrote in
message ...
My table's vertical line expands (moves) as I enter information. I want
the
column to stay the predetermined width and wrap the text to the next line.
Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

And if you can't find it, here's how: Place the insertion point inside the
table. On the Table Tools Layout ribbon tab, click the Properties button
(in the Table group).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP