Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DCantora DCantora is offline
Junior Member

Default Help with using bookmarks & {Ref}

Hi All,

I am working on a company wide meeting agenda that has 10 agenda items. Each item will have it's own table for taking notes or actions (each table is just 1 row with either 2 or 3 cells), and I want those to collate @ the bottom of the document in tables so they can be easily shared or moved to the top for the next meeting to be reviewed as the past meeting notes / actions.

Using bookmarks seems to be the only way I can do this, but I run in to two problems:

Issue 1. If I use the bookmark for all 3 cells then each row is pasted at the bottom of the doc as its own table and I can't merge them together.
2. Because the text has to be entered after the doc is created, I can't bookmark a specific word. The only work around for this is to put a dozen or so spaces and hope the person clicks in the middle of them somewhere to start typing - but this means the end result at the bottom is an uneven array of text (looks unprofessional)

The images attached are named Issue 1 (showing what I want, but what happens) & Issue 2 for the above.

Does anyone know how to either
1. Bookmark a section before text is written to it and have the written text appear in the {ref bookmark} section?
2. Know how to copy several independent rows of cells and have them for a single table?
Attached Images

Word 2007 bookmarks - How to display bookmarks on page? rgille Microsoft Word Help 2 April 27th 23 02:55 AM
bookmarks in PDF Ammammata Microsoft Word Help 1 September 3rd 18 11:57 AM
Bookmarks Chuck Jurgens[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 May 8th 07 01:17 PM
Bookmarks suinat New Users 0 October 2nd 05 05:01 PM
Bookmarks Brady Finney Tables 1 February 23rd 05 10:12 PM