Dene Wilby

Default Word question please.

Hi,

I am asking this on behalf of my Mother-in-Law so excuse me if it
doesn't make sense. I'll copy and paste below. Thanks in advance. Dene

I currently have about 85 Word 2000 documents and each document is about
35 pages long.

Whenever new legislation comes into force I have to open all 85
documents and make the changes manually, for example at the end of this
month I will need to change 2004 to 2005 85 times.

Although the documents are client specific, the wording in the
paragraphs that would need changing is, in most cases, identical. Is it
possible to write a macro to make this and any other changes to these
documents?

Jonathan West

Hi Dene

Take a look here

Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

If you or your mother-in-law is unsure of how to deal with macros such as
the one in that article, take a look here

What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers
to help me out?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

"Dene Wilby" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I am asking this on behalf of my Mother-in-Law so excuse me if it
doesn't make sense. I'll copy and paste below. Thanks in advance. Dene

I currently have about 85 Word 2000 documents and each document is about
35 pages long.

Whenever new legislation comes into force I have to open all 85
documents and make the changes manually, for example at the end of this
month I will need to change 2004 to 2005 85 times.

Although the documents are client specific, the wording in the
paragraphs that would need changing is, in most cases, identical. Is it
possible to write a macro to make this and any other changes to these
documents?

Dene Wilby

Wow, thanks for the speedy response. Ihave forwarded your reply.

Thanks again!!

Dene

In article ,
says...
Hi Dene

Take a look here

Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

If you or your mother-in-law is unsure of how to deal with macros such as
the one in that article, take a look here

What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers
to help me out?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

Dene Wilby

In article ,
says...
Hi Dene

Take a look here

Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

If you or your mother-in-law is unsure of how to deal with macros such as
the one in that article, take a look here

What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers
to help me out?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

HI,

Once again, thanks for the initial reply. I now have a follow up if you
can be of any help. I'll copy and paste:

Now the question ......

The macro works absolutely perfect when I replace all on a batch of
documents in the same folder. However, most of these documents are
password protected and I can't get the macro to open these passworded
protected documents and then replace all. What am I doing wrong?

Please ask this question for me.

Cheers

Dene