Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
isaia isaia is offline

Default Can you "freeze" list numbers in Word?

I would like to be able to freeze the automatic numbers produced when
creating numbered lists; that is, convert them to plain ol' text. Is there
any way to do this in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, there is, as follows:

Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA Editor and Ctrl+G to get to the Immediate
window. In that window, type:

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText

and press Enter. If the auto numbers are part of the paragraph style, they
will be restored when the style is updated, so make sure to modify the style
not to be numbered.

"isaia" wrote in message
I would like to be able to freeze the automatic numbers produced when
creating numbered lists; that is, convert them to plain ol' text. Is
there
any way to do this in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
isaia isaia is offline

Hi Suzanne,
I can't thank you enough! I have been trying to figure this out forever!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!