Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sgorman sgorman is offline

Default characters printing on top of each other

I am a Word 2007 user. Occasionally, characters will print on top of each
other at the far left hand margin. Suggestions for a cure?

--
sgorman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marvin42 Marvin42 is offline

I don't have an answer, but I think I have the same problem in Word 2007.
It's intermittent and affects multiple users: each line in a document prints
superimposed on the first (left-hand) character of the line. The exception
is for text that has direct formatting applied -- italics, bold,
highlighting, etc. That text prints out more or less as it should. But
"normal" text is all squished up at the left margin.

Also, the act of printing causes this distortion to happen on the user's
screen, too -- not just on the printed page.

Usually restarting Word will cause the problem to correct itself for a given
document, but it's still a big nuisance.
--
Marvin Long, Jr.

"sgorman" wrote:

I am a Word 2007 user. Occasionally, characters will print on top of each
other at the far left hand margin. Suggestions for a cure?

--
sgorman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

I believe, though not 100% sure, this could be down to incorrect version of
printer driver for your OS and Office version, especially if you have a HP
printer.
Hope this points you in the right direction.
DeanH

"sgorman" wrote:

I am a Word 2007 user. Occasionally, characters will print on top of each
other at the far left hand margin. Suggestions for a cure?

--
sgorman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to
have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in
use. You can usually 'unscramble' the display from File=Print and switch
to the printer properties or to another printer then your normal one, or
close Word and delete all files found on Start=Search and looking for
~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting Word." See also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

sgorman wrote:
I am a Word 2007 user. Occasionally, characters will print on top of
each other at the far left hand margin. Suggestions for a cure?

Non-printing characters? jdbeamer Microsoft Word Help 3 January 7th 08 02:45 PM
printing odd characters VIV Mailmerge 1 April 25th 06 05:03 AM
Printing the non-printing characters like tab, spacebar, para Jugglertwo Microsoft Word Help 2 February 20th 05 10:40 PM
Printing the non-printing characters like tab, spacebar, para Jugglertwo Microsoft Word Help 0 February 20th 05 04:39 PM
Non-printing characters Allison Microsoft Word Help 1 January 31st 05 05:35 PM