Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ojnor Ojnor is offline

Default What happened to the checkbox that could be inserted into a Word d

In previous versions of Word you could insert checkboxes into a document that
could be checked and unchecked (in other words, they were not simply
graphical elements). I cannot find this feature in Word 2007, nor could I
find anything about it in the next-to-useless help that is now available in
Office 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?T2pub3I=?=,

In previous versions of Word you could insert checkboxes into a document that
could be checked and unchecked (in other words, they were not simply
graphical elements). I cannot find this feature in Word 2007, nor could I
find anything about it in the next-to-useless help that is now available in
Office 2007.

Were you using the Controls Toolbox? That's located in the DEVELOPER tab,
Controls group, in the Legacy Tools dropdown.

If you don't see the Developer tab, you need to turn it on through the Word
Options.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

They are there under the "Legacy Controls" (I think it is) under the
Developer tab.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ojnor" wrote in message
In previous versions of Word you could insert checkboxes into a document
that
could be checked and unchecked (in other words, they were not simply
graphical elements). I cannot find this feature in Word 2007, nor could I
find anything about it in the next-to-useless help that is now available
in
Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ojnor Ojnor is offline

Default What happened to the checkbox that could be inserted into a Wo

Thank you Cindy. I found it.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?T2pub3I=?=,

In previous versions of Word you could insert checkboxes into a document that
could be checked and unchecked (in other words, they were not simply
graphical elements). I cannot find this feature in Word 2007, nor could I
find anything about it in the next-to-useless help that is now available in
Office 2007.

Were you using the Controls Toolbox? That's located in the DEVELOPER tab,
Controls group, in the Legacy Tools dropdown.

If you don't see the Developer tab, you need to turn it on through the Word
Options.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane from Wisconsin Jane from Wisconsin is offline

I agree! I've looked for the Developer tab, the Controls group, and the
Legacy tools dropdown and I don't see any of them. Do I need to know Visual
Basic to get a check into the checkbox. I am so frustrated...

"Ojnor" wrote:

In previous versions of Word you could insert checkboxes into a document that
could be checked and unchecked (in other words, they were not simply
graphical elements). I cannot find this feature in Word 2007, nor could I
find anything about it in the next-to-useless help that is now available in
Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Thank Microsoft for deciding that "most people aren't developers, so they
don't need to see the Developer tab unless they know to ask for it". Click
the Office button, click the Word Options button in the bottom margin of the
menu, and check the option to show the Developer tab. Then you'll find the
rest of the items on the ribbon.

If you don't usually want the rest of the stuff on that tab, you can
right-click the Legacy Tools button and select to add it to the Quick Access
Toolbar. Do the same with the Protect Document button. Then you can go back
to the options dialog and turn off the Developer tab.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Ojnor" wrote:

In previous versions of Word you could insert checkboxes into a
document that could be checked and unchecked (in other words, they
were not simply graphical elements). I cannot find this feature in
Word 2007, nor could I find anything about it in the next-to-useless
help that is now available in Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deni Wooo Hoooo Deni Wooo Hoooo is offline

I followed all the instructions offered, and it really did work.

The tools you need can be found by clicking of the Office logo and going to
Options on the bottom right.

But you don't have to do any of that. All you have to do is open your form,
place the cursor in the box, then double left click. A box pops up that
allows you to have the box checked or unchecked. It's that simple! Awesome!
I discovered this completely by accident!

"Ojnor" wrote:

In previous versions of Word you could insert checkboxes into a document that
could be checked and unchecked (in other words, they were not simply
graphical elements). I cannot find this feature in Word 2007, nor could I
find anything about it in the next-to-useless help that is now available in
Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're actually *using* a protected form, you should be able to check a
check box by clicking on it or, if you've tabbed into it, by pressing the
Spacebar. The Form Field Options dialog (which you get by double-clicking
would not be available to you if the document were protected, which it needs
to be before you can use it as a form.

"Deni Wooo Hoooo" Deni Wooo wrote in
message ...