Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
firmdew

Default How to make text invisible

How to make text invisible without changing document layout? (formatting
fonts as "hidden" cause lines to shrink...)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Format it as Font color: White instead.

"firmdew" wrote in message
How to make text invisible without changing document layout? (formatting
fonts as "hidden" cause lines to shrink...)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
firmdew

Thanks for your prompt reply. Regretfully this advice is not applicable since
I would not see the text I'm typing. I would stress the point: I would like
to select part of the text seen on screen and prevent it from being printed.
Selecting white fonts would NOT allow me to see the screen text, while the
"Hidden" would cause the printed document to change page layout according to
the selected text. Any other idea?
Kind Regards
firmdew

"firmdew" wrote in message
How to make text invisible without changing document layout? (formatting
fonts as "hidden" cause lines to shrink...)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You format it as white *after* you type it!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format it as Font color: White instead.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"firmdew" wrote in message
How to make text invisible without changing document layout?

(formatting
fonts as "hidden" cause lines to shrink...)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
firmdew

Once text is formatted as "white" it disappears from screen. I want it to
stay visible on screen but NOT to be printed.

"firmdew" wrote in message
How to make text invisible without changing document layout?

(formatting
fonts as "hidden" cause lines to shrink...)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
firmdew

For example: I would like to print an exam sentence in which some of the
words are missing (and should be completed by the pupil). The pupil should
NOT be able to see these words in the printed exam, but I want the teacher's
"screen exam" to contain and show those unprinted words. I hope I'm clearer
now....

"firmdew" wrote in message
How to make text invisible without changing document layout?

(formatting
fonts as "hidden" cause lines to shrink...)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sonnyp

Make 2 copies. One for the students and one for the teachers. Can just do
as suggested on the one for the pupils and make a separate one that is all
visible. OR you can make knote of where the whiteouts are, print it and then
take them out again putting in normal color or a different one for the
teaches to have it stand out.

"firmdew" wrote in message
How to make text invisible without changing document layout?

(formatting
fonts as "hidden" cause lines to shrink...)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Create a new character style and call it 'White'.
Apply that style to the text that you want to be white.
Set the colour of that style by using a pair of macros attached to toolbar
buttons:

Sub MakeBlack()
ActiveDocument.Styles("White").Font.Color = wdColorBlack
End Sub
Sub MakeWhite()
ActiveDocument.Styles("White").Font.Color = wdColorWhite
End Sub