gradlady

Default How do I format the line separator to appear directly below text?

I am working in Turabian format and it calls for the footnote separator line
to fall immediately below the text rather than aligned with the bottom of the
page. Extraneous space should be below the footnotes rather than above.
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:44:08 -0700, "gradlady"
wrote:

I am working in Turabian format and it calls for the footnote separator line
to fall immediately below the text rather than aligned with the bottom of the
page. Extraneous space should be below the footnotes rather than above.

In Word 2000, click the Options button in the Footnote dialog and
choose "Beneath text" in the first dropdown. In Word 2003 the dropdown
is in the Footnote dialog itself. I don't have Word 2002 loaded at the
moment to check, but it'll be like one of the others.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman