Andrea

Default Automatic Field Update

hI am creating a form. I want to create a field that is referenced by other
fields in the form. For example, the user enters a value and that value
appears in other places throughout the document. I beleive I have done this
by using {REF Text1}. THe problem I am having is once I enter the data in
the first field, the other locations are not updating until I click the Print
Preview button or I Print the document. How do I get the other locations to
update immediately?
Charles Kenyon

If the source field is a formfield in a protected form, change the
properties of the source field to "calculate on exit." This property is
misnamed and should be "refresh other fields using this one on exit."
Otherwise, if it isn't a protected form you need to update the fields either
manually or with a macro.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.