Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alex Alex is offline

Default Aujtomatic Figure number updating

I have entered all my figures in a very long document correctly as far as I
can tell i.e they have all been entered automatically when creating the
figure and correctly numbered and all referenced by insert-reference- cross
reference in text.

However, when I delete a figure it seems I have to update every figure
caption after the deleted figure and then I have to updated every in-text
reference for every figure that has now been renumbered. This is a 200 page
doc with 50 figures and I am scared as hell that figure 1 has to go!

Am I doing it right or is there a way to update all figures and references
quickly?

As always I welcome your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can press Ctrl+A (to select the whole document) and then press F9 to
update the fields.

Note also that SEQ (caption numbering) and REF (cross-reference) fields
update when switching to Print Preview.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP