Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Penny Penny is offline

Default Can you copy Table Properties from one table to several others?

I have several tables that need the same formatting. Can I format the first
then copy and paste just the formatting to all the rest?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can you copy Table Properties from one table to several others?

Yes, you can definitely copy Table Properties from one table to several others in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, format the first table with the desired formatting, such as font size, cell padding, borders, etc.
  2. Once you have formatted the first table, select it by clicking anywhere inside the table.
  3. Next, click on the "Table Design" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. In the "Table Styles" section, click on the "More" button at the bottom right corner of the section.
  5. From the drop-down menu, select "Apply Styles."
  6. In the "Apply Styles" dialog box, select the table styles you want to apply to the other tables.
  7. Click on the "Apply" button to apply the selected styles to the first table.
  8. Now, select the other tables that you want to apply the same formatting to.
  9. Once you have selected the other tables, go back to the "Table Design" tab in the ribbon.
  10. In the "Table Styles" section, click on the "More" button again.
  11. From the drop-down menu, select "Apply Styles."
  12. In the "Apply Styles" dialog box, click on the "Options" button at the bottom left corner of the box.
  13. In the "Table Style Options" dialog box, make sure that the "Apply formatting to" option is set to "Whole table."
  14. Click on the "OK" button to close the "Table Style Options" dialog box.
  15. Finally, click on the "Apply" button in the "Apply Styles" dialog box to apply the selected styles to all the other tables.

That's it! The formatting from the first table should now be applied to all the other tables you selected. This is a quick and easy way to apply the same formatting to multiple tables in Microsoft Word.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

If create and apply a table style to first table you can apply the same
style to other tables manually or use a macro:

Sub ScratchMaco()
Dim oTbl As Word.Table
For Each oTbl In ActiveDocument.Tables
oTbl.Style = ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Style
Next
End Sub

Penny wrote:
I have several tables that need the same formatting. Can I format the
first then copy and paste just the formatting to all the rest?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Penny" wrote:
I have several tables that need the same formatting.
Can I format the first then copy and paste just the
formatting to all the rest?

Is the formatting you want to copy the borders or the shading? And is it the
same for the whole table?

If so, go into the table with the formatting you want to copy, and open the
"Borders and Shading" dialog.
You don't need to do anything in the dialog, except maybe make sure it says
"Apply to: Table" and not "Apply to: Cell" in the lower right.

Close the dialog, go into the table you want to change, and use
"EditRedoOrRepeat": Hit the F4 key.

That'll copy over any uniform borders and shading. You can do the same for a
cell or groups of cells (... making sure the dialog says "Apply to: Cell"),
if the borders and shading aren't uniform.

Klaus