Kara

Default Help! Mailmerge code for all selected records?

How do I input a mailmerge code that will insert the first and last name for
all the selected participants in an Access table? Instead of changing my
«LAST_NAME» code. I would like Word to recoginze that I have selected 5
participants from my Access table and complete 5 different letters listing
all 5 participants within the letter. If I select 10 participants I want 10
letters listing all 10 participants. Is their a mailmerge code that can
accomplish this?

Right now Word is creating 5 different letters but because I have the «Next
Record» code it is showing 5 participants on the 1st letter, 4 on the second,
3 on the third and so on. But if I change the number of participants I
select out of the access table I have to either add or delete some of the

Thanks for all of your help!

Kara
Doug Robbins

It is not possible to do that using a simple mailmerge. What you could do
is use a catalog (or in Word XP and later it is called directory) type mail
merge in which the main document contains the First_Name Last_Name
fields and then execute that merge to a new document and then copy and paste
the list of names that are created into your other document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP