Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chillowack chillowack is offline

Default Downloading fonts from the Internet

I am trying to download fonts to my computer. I am saving the fonts to
the Fonts folder, but when I go into the folder to complete the the
process, I don't see the new fonts in there.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks!

Chillowack

--
chillowack
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Some downloadable fonts are provided as .zip files. You need to unzip them
before you install them. The safest way to be sure you're actually
installing the fonts is to use File | Install New Font in the Fonts folder.
Browse to the folder where the new font files are saved. If Windows says it
doesn't find any font files, then you can be pretty sure that the fonts are
not ready to be installed. If they're TrueType fonts, they'll have a .ttf
file extension. If they're PostScript fonts, then the installation process
is different.

"chillowack" wrote in message

I am trying to download fonts to my computer. I am saving the fonts to
the Fonts folder, but when I go into the folder to complete the the
process, I don't see the new fonts in there.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks!

Chillowack

--
chillowack

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chillowack[_2_] chillowack[_2_] is offline

Thank you, Suzanne. I did finally figure this out (I had to save the
fonts to the A: drive, then extract them, and then install them as you
said).

Thanks,
Jason

Suzanne S. Barnhill;2615201 Wrote:
Some downloadable fonts are provided as .zip files. You need to unzip
them
before you install them. The safest way to be sure you're actually
installing the fonts is to use File | Install New Font in the Fonts
folder.
Browse to the folder where the new font files are saved. If Windows
says it
doesn't find any font files, then you can be pretty sure that the fonts
are
not ready to be installed. If they're TrueType fonts, they'll have a
.ttf
file extension. If they're PostScript fonts, then the installation
process
is different.

...-