Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robin Robin is offline

Default Remove underline from page numbers

I have a 240 page document in word 2003 and the page numbers are underlined.
How can I remove the underline?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Check the formatting of the Page Number character style to make sure that it
doesn't include the underlining; updating the style definition would be the
quickest way to remove the underlines if it does. Otherwise, you'll just
have to View | Header and Footer, select the PAGE field, and Ctrl+U to
remove the underlining (repeating as needed if you have multiple, unlinked
sections).

"Robin" wrote in message
I have a 240 page document in word 2003 and the page numbers are

underlined.
How can I remove the underline?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robin Robin is offline

I can't make that work. The format under page number character style does not
show that the page number is underlined, however, it is in the paper. When I
go to View, header footer - I get a toolbar that does not have a page field.
any other suggestions?
thanks
Robin- its for my PhD dissertation and I am desperate!

"Robin" wrote in message
I have a 240 page document in word 2003 and the page numbers are

underlined.
How can I remove the underline?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you are viewing the header or footer (wherever the page number is),
select the page number and remove the Underline formatting.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Check the formatting of the Page Number character style to make sure

that it
doesn't include the underlining; updating the style definition would be

the
quickest way to remove the underlines if it does. Otherwise, you'll just
have to View | Header and Footer, select the PAGE field, and Ctrl+U to
remove the underlining (repeating as needed if you have multiple,

unlinked
sections).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.