Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
neb neb is offline

Default can't import fields in Excel having spaces to my Access table

I can't import fields in Excel having spaces to my Access table using the SQL
SELECT...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Yes, you can.

"neb" wrote in message
I can't import fields in Excel having spaces to my Access table using the
SQL
SELECT...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
neb neb is offline

Example: my field in Excel is "Date Posted" then i want to import all the
files in it to "date_posted" field in my Access....Error 3075 occurs.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Yes, you can.

"neb" wrote in message
I can't import fields in Excel having spaces to my Access table using the
SQL
SELECT...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
neb neb is offline

e.g.
Excel field: Date Posted
Access field: date_posted
Error 3075 occurs(because of spaces...)

"Jezebel" wrote:

Yes, you can.

"neb" wrote in message
I can't import fields in Excel having spaces to my Access table using the
SQL
SELECT...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

IIRC - In order to append data as a part of the import process the field
names must match *exactly*... The _ and a space are not equivalents.

BTW - what does this have to do with Word?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/4/06 4:18 AM, in article