Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Albie Albie is offline

Default How do I make my own format for a bibliography?

I'm writing a paper and want to use a custom format for the bibliography.
Footnotes won't work, because many of the references are cited more than
once. Is there a way to define a bibliograpgy format, or to get around the
problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can cite the same footnote (using its number) by inserting a cross
reference to the footnote.

But that doesn't seem to be what you're asking.

What do you mean by "custom format"? Something other than a parallel
to MLA, Chicago, APA, etc. etc. etc.?

On Mar 30, 11:46*am, Albie wrote:
* *I'm writing a paper and want to use a custom format for the bibliography. *
Footnotes won't work, because many of the references are cited more than
once. *Is there a way to define a bibliograpgy format, or to get around the
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Albie Albie is offline

On Mar 30, 11:46 am, Albie wrote:
I'm writing a paper and want to use a custom format for the bibliography.
Footnotes won't work, because many of the references are cited more than
once. Is there a way to define a bibliograpgy format, or to get around the
problem?

Yes, I need to use a format that is not like any of the options. There are approximately 200 references, so it is not feasible to modify them individually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If all your references are already in some sort of database (e.g.
EndNote), then you follow the instructions that came with the database
for creating a new bibliography style.

If they're not, you modify them individually, as copyeditors have been
doing for centuries.