mebskivt

Default Word 2003 - Headers

How do I get Word to show the same header on each page? Currently, it is
skipping some pages in a 13 page document.
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Go to the end of the document and choose View - Header and Footer. There is
a tool in the right half of the Header and Footer toolbar that says Link to
Previous. If it's not dimmed (i.e., if it looks pushed-in), then that means
that the Header/Footer for this section is already the same as the previous
section. Once it's turned on, click the Show Previous button. (You should be
prompted to delete the header/footer and connect to the header/footer in the
previous section.)

Alternate between setting each section to Link to Previous and Show Previous
until all document sections have the same header/footer. Another thing to
check is File - Page Setup - Layout tab, and make sure that Different Odd
and Even and Different First Page are set up as you want them to be.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"mebskivt" wrote in message
How do I get Word to show the same header on each page? Currently, it is
skipping some pages in a 13 page document.

Charles Kenyon

It looks to me as if you have numerous section breaks, some or more of which
may have different header/footer setups and text.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.