JACKIE THE TEMP

Default Start page "1" on the third sheet of the document, then page 2...

I am trying to place "Page 1" on what is actually the third page of a
document. The first two pages are Title Page and Contents and I don't want
them to be part of the numbered pages. HELP!!
Daiya Mitchell

It's nicely spelled out he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

JACKIE THE TEMP

Thanks for your help, but...
The document that i am working on already has many "sections" so I don't
need to put sections in to create "front matter". This is so complicated.
It seems that I only have the option of using different odd/even pages which
still leaves me nowhere. I'm extremely frustrated.

All I want to do is start page one on what is actually page 3. Is there a
simple answer from anyone???

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

It's nicely spelled out he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

On 7/21/05 9:12 AM, "JACKIE THE TEMP" wrote:

I am trying to place "Page 1" on what is actually the third page of a
document. The first two pages are Title Page and Contents and I don't want
them to be part of the numbered pages. HELP!!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Doug Robbins

{ IF { PAGE } 2 { = { PAGE } - 2 } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters. Alt+F9 to
toggle of their display.

Make sure that you have a space between the and 2

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
news

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

It's nicely spelled out he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

On 7/21/05 9:12 AM, "JACKIE THE TEMP" wrote:

I am trying to place "Page 1" on what is actually the third page of a
document. The first two pages are Title Page and Contents and I don't
want
them to be part of the numbered pages. HELP!!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Richard Neville

Insert a section break before page 3, then redo the page numbering. Be sure
it is not linked to the previous section.
"JACKIE THE TEMP" JACKIE THE wrote in
message ...