richms

Default Including content from a PDF in a word document

I need to put a single page from a PDF file into my word 2003 document
with text around it and arrows pointing to images within the PDF.

I have at the moment screenshotted the PDF in acrobat reader, and
croped and pasted that, but it looks somewhat.... poor to say the
least.

Ideally I would like to paste it in (Just the one page) as a drawing
object so it maintains the quality of the text and vector graphics in
the PDF, as this looks really bad when printed with it captured.

I downloaded a program that converted the PDF to a word docco, and
while it did convert it, the result wasnt pretty to say the least, and
I wasnt able to copy and paste from that docco to my one and have the
result look anything like the PDF.

I dont have the acrobat authoring program here, but I have access to a
machine at school where I am able to use it if it is needed to copy it
out.

Jezebel

As you've found, trying to embed PDFs doesn't really work. IN essence, the
problem is that you are working the wrong way round (relative to what these
programs were designed to do) -- PDF is intended as an output, not an input.

On the school machine with the full version of Acrobat, open the PDF you
want to embed and save it as a Word document. (Or, if it's Acrobat version
5, as RTF). Now embed THAT document in your new doc.

"richms" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

JohnBullas

I'm writing up my PhD at the present time and would also like to include some
PDF content in my thesis with the PDF pages reduced to occupy the text area
of the Word Document pages with my own headers and footer ( basically each
page of the PDF is sequentially inserted into the word document so the index
and contents up date like I was adding tables or images)

I don't need the PDF to "merge" with the text of the document, it doesn't
need to be readable by word

NB Some PDF securitiy levels prevent save as images etc etc ( the othewr
chioce)

Has no one produced a converter to split and insert a PDF like I need?

Regards

"FB"

==========================

"Jezebel" wrote:

As you've found, trying to embed PDFs doesn't really work. IN essence, the
problem is that you are working the wrong way round (relative to what these
programs were designed to do) -- PDF is intended as an output, not an input.

On the school machine with the full version of Acrobat, open the PDF you
want to embed and save it as a Word document. (Or, if it's Acrobat version
5, as RTF). Now embed THAT document in your new doc.

"richms" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

See if this helps...