USAFHG

Default Word needs markup language formatting edits. Not just WYSIWYG.

Similar to the way we can view and edit HTML code directly from a web page
WYSIWYG editor, it would be empowering to have that same ability in Word. I
wish to have the ability to view and edit document "markup" directly(albeit
with rules), in addition to Word's WYSIWIG menu commands for visual
presentation (page layout, formatting, etc.) In a web document, sometimes
things get to looking weird, and aren't very clear from the WYSIWYG alone,
and a good HTML code editor can clue us in on the issue quickly when you know
what you're looking at. Otherwise, it's invisible, and sometimes not very
clear where the formatting went wrong.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

You can use File=Web Page Preview and then view source
or, to edit you can use Alt+Shift+F11 if you've installed
the MS Visual Script Editor (optional) feature in Word
from the MS Office listing in Add/Remove Programs in the
Windows Control panel.

Note that some of the 'hand editing' will revert to
coding Word can understand in its vocabulary. It does
not compete with MS Office Frontpage as a web document tool.
MS Word's HTML function is basically to allow people to save
as a web usable document with no knowledge of web pages other
than to use File=Save as Web Page and to then be confident
that if that web page is reopened in Word by the author or
a website viewer that 100% of the original Word content is
intact.

========
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

USAFHG

Thanks. I did find that. What i didn't know is if that applied only to a
page being published, or to the Word document itself (in any form or view).
I guess it applies to word.

And this is something that maybe I can make work for those instances to help
me understand what I've done wrong in the formatting. However, the HTML was
actually an analogy. I didn't actually expect that to be literal to a Word
document markup language. I suppose it will work (I haven't looked to
closely).