Sir Gis A Bun, III

Default Anchrong text boxes & printing 3 up

Hi,

I'd like to set up word in a document such that the text boxes do not
change in size and move around. This is even if text around it moves.

While at it, any ways of printing the same thing 3 times on what is
sometimes called 3-up cards (i.e. a letter size page that is
perforated in three equal boxes vertically - need to print the same
thing from Word in each box without having to retype).

Thanks

GAB

Jezebel

"Sir Gis A Bun, III" wrote in message
Hi,

I'd like to set up word in a document such that the text boxes do not
change in size and move around. This is even if text around it moves.

Right-click the textbox, select Format Textbox, go to Layout Advanced. Set
absolute position relative to the page.

While at it, any ways of printing the same thing 3 times on what is
sometimes called 3-up cards (i.e. a letter size page that is
perforated in three equal boxes vertically - need to print the same
thing from Word in each box without having to retype).

Copy it and paste it twice.

Bob

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:40:48 +1000, "Jezebel"
wrote:

"Sir Gis A Bun, III" wrote in message
.. .

While at it, any ways of printing the same thing 3 times on what is
sometimes called 3-up cards (i.e. a letter size page that is
perforated in three equal boxes vertically - need to print the same
thing from Word in each box without having to retype).

Copy it and paste it twice.

Or, if you want to be able to edit it... make a bookmark out of the
first copy, and then insert the bookmark to get the next two. Then you
can update the master copy, update fields, and all three are updated.

bob

Sir Gis A Bun, III

wrote:

"Sir Gis A Bun, III" wrote in message
. ..

While at it, any ways of printing the same thing 3 times on what is
sometimes called 3-up cards (i.e. a letter size page that is
perforated in three equal boxes vertically - need to print the same
thing from Word in each box without having to retype).

Copy it and paste it twice.

Or, if you want to be able to edit it... make a bookmark out of the
first copy, and then insert the bookmark to get the next two. Then you
can update the master copy, update fields, and all three are updated.

bob

That sounds a bit more automated which I like.

Thanks

GAB

Jezebel

Or, if you want to be able to edit it... make a bookmark out of the
first copy, and then insert the bookmark to get the next two. Then you
can update the master copy, update fields, and all three are updated.

bob

That sounds a bit more automated which I like.

Except that you can't bookmark a textbox.

Bob

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:18:08 +1000, "Jezebel"
wrote:

Or, if you want to be able to edit it... make a bookmark out of the
first copy, and then insert the bookmark to get the next two. Then you
can update the master copy, update fields, and all three are updated.

bob

That sounds a bit more automated which I like.

Except that you can't bookmark a textbox.

But you can bookmark the text -- as large a block as you wish.

I use this method for occasional class handouts that are a half page
or even a third of a page. It works fine. But I do verify that the
general layout comes out ok after any updating. The main source of a
problem is the requirement of my printer for a fairly large bottom
margin; sometimes that is an annoying constraint.

bob

Jezebel

But you can bookmark the text -- as large a block as you wish.

I use this method for occasional class handouts that are a half page
or even a third of a page. It works fine. But I do verify that the
general layout comes out ok after any updating. The main source of a
problem is the requirement of my printer for a fairly large bottom
margin; sometimes that is an annoying constraint.

Text yes, texboxes no.