Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martinec martinec is offline

Default Show the footnote continuation notice

I cannot get the footnote/endnote continuation notice to show in my document.
I have followed the instructions in help, to no avail. What am I missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My advice? Don't even try. Anybody with half a brain should be able to tell
when a footnote/endnote is continued onto the next page. If you're really
concerned, you can format the note as "Keep lines together" so it won't
break. The problem with the notices (when you get them to work) is that
they're flaky. I can't remember whether the problem was that space is
allowed for the notice on every footnote (whether it needs it or not) or
only that you can't ever entirely get rid of them (even if you opt not to
use them after all, Word still allows space for them), but I tried only
*once* to use this feature and quickly abandoned it (and the document, since
it was unusable after the experiment).

"martinec" wrote in message
I cannot get the footnote/endnote continuation notice to show in my
document.
I have followed the instructions in help, to no avail. What am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martinec martinec is offline

We figured it out. Put your cursor in the footnote at the point where you
want the continuation notice to appear. Go to InsertReferenceContinuation
Notice. These instructions are not anywhere in Microsoft help or any
reference books I could find.