Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mona Webb Mona Webb is offline

Default index tab dividers

I am trying to print on index tab dividers 1-25. Does anyone know of a
downloadable template or an easy way to print these? I have tried tables.
Not very user friendly.
--
Mona Webb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Mona Webb wrote:
I am trying to print on index tab dividers 1-25. Does anyone know of
a downloadable template or an easy way to print these? I have tried
tables. Not very user friendly.

Generally, Word handles these as labels, in the Tools Letters and Mailings
Envelopes and Labels dialog. Click the Options button in the dialog.

If your dividers are stock from Avery or one of the other companies in the
"Label products" list, and you know the stock number or product name, you
should be able to find it in "Product number" the list. Some other
manufacturers state the equivalent Avery product. Note that there are
non-numeric names at the end of the list, after all the numeric values.

If you don't find your product, or something with the same dimensions, you
can click the New Label button and make a custom label definition. Before
you do that, though, check the Avery site
(http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=... =WEB01&node=0)
or other manufacturer's site for a "template" (I put this in quotes because
what Avery supplies is a document, not a Word template).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To add to what Jay has said, when Avery comes out with a new product for
which current versions of Word don't already have a built-in definition,
instructions for creating the definition are usually included in the
package. In this case, the Ready Index 25 is not included in Word 2003,
which reminds me that I need to copy my custom label definitions from my old
computer to this new one!

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Mona Webb wrote:
[...]

so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mona Webb Mona Webb is offline

I do not want to use labels. I want to print directly on the tab itself rom
the printer. any other ideas?
--
Mona Webb

"Mona Webb" wrote:

I am trying to print on index tab dividers 1-25. Does anyone know of a
downloadable template or an easy way to print these? I have tried tables.
Not very user friendly.
--
Mona Webb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have misunderstood. Even non-label Avery products (note cards,
postcards, business cards, Ready Index products, etc.) are set up as
"labels" (i.e., tables) and listed in the Label Options dialog of Tools |
Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels.

If what you have is an Avery or comparable product that is designed to be
printed on a desktop printer, then either there will be a "label" definition
for it in Word or you should have instructions in the product for creating
one (or at least for structuring a document/template to print on them). If
not, it may be that the product is designed to be used with a typewriter or
copier or filled out by hand.

news