Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stuck survey tech Stuck survey tech is offline

Default Locked template

Hi,

My boss was sent a word document from another surveying firm to use as a
traverse sheet. It's just needed to cut and paste text into, but we need to
edit some of the lines. However all the lines that make up the table to enter
the data into are grey and you can't select them.

Does anyone know why this might be and how to solve it? We're using Word 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You would need to unlock the form - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Remove_Password.htm

Stuck survey tech wrote:
Hi,

My boss was sent a word document from another surveying firm to use
as a traverse sheet. It's just needed to cut and paste text into, but
we need to edit some of the lines. However all the lines that make up
the table to enter the data into are grey and you can't select them.

Does anyone know why this might be and how to solve it? We're using
Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stuck survey tech[_2_] Stuck survey tech[_2_] is offline

Thanks Graham,

I did try that and there was no 'password' contained in the document
apparently. Are there any other suggestions?

Stuck survey tech wrote:
Hi,

My boss was sent a word document from another surveying firm to use
as a traverse sheet. It's just needed to cut and paste text into, but
we need to edit some of the lines. However all the lines that make up
the table to enter the data into are grey and you can't select them.

Does anyone know why this might be and how to solve it? We're using
Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If there is no password you should be able to unlock the form from the forms
toolbar or from tools protect document.

Stuck survey tech wrote:
Hi,

My boss was sent a word document from another surveying firm to use
as a traverse sheet. It's just needed to cut and paste text into,
but we need to edit some of the lines. However all the lines that
make up the table to enter the data into are grey and you can't
select them.

Does anyone know why this might be and how to solve it? We're using
Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stuck survey tech[_2_] Stuck survey tech[_2_] is offline

Thanks for your help Graham. I had tried that and it didn't work, but I have
found out that it's because it's not a template at all its a header and
footer that just so happens has lines in it that covers the page and stuff...
I shouldv'e guessed that seeing as it was greyed out but seeing as I rarely
use word I'm an amatuer haha.

Thanks heaps for your help though,

Cheers.