Monique

Default why is my Backspace botton deleting words from both sides?

I'm not sure what i did to cause the Backspace botton to delete from both
side instead of one side. Also, when i press the space botton in the middleof
two words, instead of there being more space, it ends up deleting words to my
right. Why is this happening and how can i stop it?
Pat Garard

G'Day Monique,

You can set Word so that, when you Edit, Word...
EITHER Overtypes
OR Inserts
....as you type new text.

You appear to have it set to Overtype.

Try:
ToolsOptions
Edit (Tab)
Make sure that both boxes...
Use INS key for paste
Overtype mode
...are UNCHECKED.

With these settings...
a. Word will normally insert as you type new text AND
b. You can switch to Overtype (and back) using
the Insert key on the keyboard.

In the Word status bar, at the bottom of the Word window,
you will see a 'grayed out' OVR. When you press Insert,
this will become 'black' to indicate Overtype mode, press
Insert again to 'gray' it and return to Insert mode.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard