karen

Default in writing a book...

how do i set it up to have double spaces between each word .
so instead of it looking like this
it would look like this ?
Doug Robbins

There is no way to set up Word to do this as you type. After you have
finished, you could use EditReplace to replace one space with two spaces.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"karen" wrote in message
how do i set it up to have double spaces between each word .
so instead of it looking like this
it would look like this ?

Jezebel

Doug's given the obvious answer. But the obvious question is why do you want
to do this? (Just curious.)

"karen" wrote in message
how do i set it up to have double spaces between each word .
so instead of it looking like this
it would look like this ?

Anne Troy

Karen, if you must spread apart your text, do it instead with Format--Font,
Character spacing tab, Spacing setting. That way, you can get rid of it any
time you want without placing or deleting all those characters.

But I don't recommend it either.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"karen" wrote in message
how do i set it up to have double spaces between each word .
so instead of it looking like this
it would look like this ?

Fredrik E. Nilsen

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:59:25 -0400, "Anne Troy"
wrote:

Karen, if you must spread apart your text, do it instead with Format--Font,
Character spacing tab, Spacing setting. That way, you can get rid of it any
time you want without placing or deleting all those characters.

But I don't recommend it either.
*******************

She wanted space between the Words, not between all the letters. But:
Your suggestion lead me to a neater solution: Finish the document, use
Edit - Search to search for all spaces. Just press the space-bar in
the "Search for"-box, put a checkmark in the box "Select all elements
in:" and click Search for all. Then you can apply character spacing
from Format - Font - Character spacing. Set it to the same number of
points as your font size. To reset it: Select all text (Ctrl + A),
apply a different spacing and then normal spacing.

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen

Fredrik E. Nilsen

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:10:00 +0200, "Doug Robbins"
wrote:

Thanks for posting this Fredrik. It is useful to know.

Thanks for your reply, it feels good to finally contribute with
something useful.

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen