Kara

Default Adding and Deleting Labels and Envelops in Existing Documents.

I have a customer who is very reluctantly moving from WordPerfect to Word.
In WordPerfect she was easily able to add and remove labels and envelopes
from the various documents that she has created using shortcut keys.

If I am in the middle of a document full of labels is their a shorcut key
that will allow me to add a label or delete a label? Same question for a
document full of envelopes?

Word treats labels as if it was a table. I can add or delete a cell but
that ruins the structure of my table. Adding a cell pushes the new cell off
of the page. Deleting a cell makes it so my first row only shows two labels
instead of three.

She needs something quick and easy! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:31:07 -0700, "Kara"
wrote:

I have a customer who is very reluctantly moving from WordPerfect to Word.
In WordPerfect she was easily able to add and remove labels and envelopes
from the various documents that she has created using shortcut keys.

If I am in the middle of a document full of labels is their a shorcut key
that will allow me to add a label or delete a label? Same question for a
document full of envelopes?

Word treats labels as if it was a table. I can add or delete a cell but
that ruins the structure of my table. Adding a cell pushes the new cell off
of the page. Deleting a cell makes it so my first row only shows two labels
instead of three.

She needs something quick and easy! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Your customer needs to convert the document full of labels into a mail
merge source document. From that point, she can add, delete, modify,
and sort the names and addresses in the source document, and she can
merge some or all of them to labels, envelopes, form letters, lists,
etc.

For the first part of the task see
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm.

For the second part, see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm.

Word and WordPerfect approach many things very differently. Your
customer may get a lot of help in her move from these articles:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...ordPerfect.htm
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Kara

I've already converted the document to a mail merge document. Now that I
have done that how do I easily add, delete or modify the number of labels in
the document?

Thanks!

wrote:

[...]

No.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

By rerunning the merge from the modified data source.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.