Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Spell check does not work in Word 2007

Recently purchased Office 2007.

I noticed the spell checker does not work. I typed a document and misspelled
every word and spell check did not try to correct one.

Went into word options and verified English (US) was primary language.

Any suggestions as what to do or is the just a 2007 bug??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?S2V2aW4=?=,

Recently purchased Office 2007.

I noticed the spell checker does not work. I typed a document and misspelled
every word and spell check did not try to correct one.

Went into word options and verified English (US) was primary language.

But are you sure the text you typed is formatted in that language? When you
click in a misspelled word, look down at the status bar and check the language.
(If you don't see the language, right-click the status bar and choose to add
that from the list.)

If it shows English, what happens if you press F7 to force a spell check?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but "Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?S2V2aW4=?=,

Recently purchased Office 2007.

I noticed the spell checker does not work. I typed a document and misspelled
every word and spell check did not try to correct one.

Went into word options and verified English (US) was primary language.

But are you sure the text you typed is formatted in that language? When you
click in a misspelled word, look down at the status bar and check the language.
(If you don't see the language, right-click the status bar and choose to add
that from the list.)

If it shows English, what happens if you press F7 to force a spell check?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but "Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I can't get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but "Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

You seem to have a second thread about this problem in office.misc.
Please don't multipost like this.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Dee" wrote in message
:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I can't get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but "Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristin Kristin is offline

My colleague has the same problem. The words don't show with a squiggly red
line that they are misspelled, though they clearly are. Language is English.
We tried changing to French (where the squiggly lines do show up because the
words aren't in French) and then back to English. We force a respell and it
still doesn't catch them. The box to "Not check these words" is not checked.

Any ideas?

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I can't get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but "Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Does spell check work at all? If you press F7 to start Spell check does it
work? If so then is the Microsoft Office Button in the upper left corner
flashing orange? If so click the button and then click back in the document.
There's a minor bug in the check spelling as you type feature, if you don't
click the Microsoft Office Button it doesn't function. (If I hadn't had the
opportunity to experience this for myself I wouldn't believe it. grin)

If spell check does not work at all, see if the following corrects the
issue:
- Exit all Office applicaitons
- Go to Start/Run
- Type: regedit and click OK
- In the Registry, click the plus (+) next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Click the plus (+) next to Software
- Do the same for the following, (click the + next to) Microsoft, Shared
Tools, Proofing Tools, 1.0, and Override
- Cliik en-US (to select the key)
- From the File menu, click Export. Provide any file name and location for
the key to make a backup copy of it (You can skip this step if you want
since this key is self-repairing - a new one will be generated
automatically)
- From the Edit menu, click Delete
- Exit the Registry and see if your spell check works

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but
"Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The
language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristin Kristin is offline

That worked (the regedit, not the orange flashing). Wendy says thank you,
thank you.
The only remaining question is that we had installed a custom medical
dictionary (Stedman's) overlapping and it is not working. Can we just
reinstall it over what we've just done?
Thanks so much for your help (Wendy has been floundering since it broke!).

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but
"Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The
language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I'm glad to hear you have spell check working again. :-)

I'm not sure if reinstalling it would work since more than likely it was
created for previous versions of Word and the location for custom
dictionaries changed in Word 2007. Nor am I familiar with Stedman's medical
dictionary, but more than likely it uses a custom dictionary file, it
usually has a .dic extension. Can you find such a file? If so, click the
Microsoft Office Button, click Word Options, and then click Proofing. Click
the Custom Dictionaries button, click Add, and then navigate to the location
of the dictionary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last
post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared
(always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I
can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the
Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but
"Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The
language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which
one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17
2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question
or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Laura is offline

hi, i found your message very hopeful for me but then i got to the click +
next to override and that option doesnt exist in my list of things to click
the +, is there any other way of fixing spell check for word 2007? i dont get
the red lines, no mispelled words are recognised, i have checked everything i
can think of to try and fix the problem but still found no solution.
thanx

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but
"Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The
language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you don't have the Override key then you don't need the Registry fix. Did
you verify your proofing lanuage? If the proofing tools aren't installed for
your proofing language then spell check will not work - you won't see any
red wavy lines. Try clicking the Spelling and Grammar button on the Review
tab. If this is the case then the error message you encounter should provide
more insight to this issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

I have the same problem. English US is selected, no squiggly lines a word
like "sdhdgd" is accepted as correct.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

Did that, reinstalled, reapaired, regedit. green grammer lines sometimes
appear, custom dic set for 1, NO error msg, says spell check is complete even
with words like Yrurhewsd. I reinstalled word 2003 and Word 2003 spell
checker works fine.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

did regedit... actually whacked the entire proofing tools entry and it
rebuilt, but problem not solved.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Did you try the Registry fix?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

got it to work, saw advice in another thread, search out all the normal.*
templates and delete them ALL, uninstall and they reinstall... all's well

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ryan Ryan is offline

I followed the steps until the override and it seems like there isnt one.
Maybe not in windows vista? In vista, what key should i try and delete to
get it to reset. Thanks for the help.

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but
"Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The
language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J. J. is offline

Ive bee having the same problems. I was just wondering, if I delete the
registry key, will it affect my computer or cause any harm? I am very wary of
doing this sort of thing, as Ive heard it can lead to problems. Please can
you tell me if this will do any harm? I really want to get my Word 2007 to do
spell check again.

Thanks,
J.

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but
"Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The
language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you delete the correct registry key, there's no problem. Word will
automatically create a new one the next time Word is launched. If you're
concerned that deleting is too harsh, you can rename the existing data key
(e.g., as DataX), see if the new one Word creates works for you, and then
delete the DataX one once you're sure a) the solution worked and b) you
renamed the correct one. By renaming, you always have the option of renaming
it back to Data if need be.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last
post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared
(always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I
can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the
Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ryan Ryan is offline

I deleted the registry key and it was rebuilt as "Update Complete". The
spell check still doesnt work. Did i delete the incorrect reg key?

Thanks

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last
post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared
(always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I
can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the
Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
witsend2004 witsend2004 is offline

I was told that there is NO spell checker in Word 2007. I was also told to
transfer a version of spell checker from a previous Word program, such as
Word 2000.

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last
post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared
(always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I
can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the
Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You were told wrong. There is a spell checker in Word 2007, and it works for
most people. It doesn't work for a small number of people, usually because
of misconfiguration (often a wrong language setting), a registry problem
such as Herb discussed, or a badly written add-in.

Further, the spell checkers from previous versions of Word won't work --
each one is version-specific, and you never could mix & match them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your
last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed
cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since
I can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the
Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Jay Freedman wrote:
Further, the spell checkers from previous versions of Word won't work
-- each one is version-specific, and you never could mix & match them.

Not strictly true as the Word 2003 proofing tools will work with Word 2007
with some provisos - http://www.gmayor.com/office_2003_proofing_tools.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lillieammann lillieammann is offline

My spell check suddenly quit working, and I followed all the advice in this
thread to no avail.

Someone mentioned (possibly in this thread or perhaps another as I've been
looking all over) that there might be a bad add-in. I was going to disable
add-ins one by one and see if spell check started working again.

I clicked on the Office button, went to Word Options, then Add-ins. In the
drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen for Manage ___ Add-ins, I noticed
a choice for Disabled Items. I clicked that ... and there was the solution to
my problem. enUS was listed as a disabled item because it caused a problem
the last time it was used. I enabled it, and spell check is back.

I have no idea how or when Word disabled the add-in and haven't had any
problems that I'm aware of before it was disabled.

Perhaps this will help someone else ...
--
Lillie Ammann, Writer and Editor

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
silnewton silnewton is offline

this worked for me - my spell checker had stopped working in word 2007 and
when I checked in add ins - the en-|UK had been disabled!. My spell checker
is now working again. PS I had deleted and reinstalled office 2007 - but it
made no difference

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeliarra jeliarra is offline

Hello -

In my Registry there isn't a: Override - en-US.

Just: Microsoft, Shared Tools, Proofing Tools, 1.0

I've tried uninstalling re-installing. I have followed all other advice in
checking the language. The error I get is:

"Cannot find proofing tools for English (U.S.). If you have the proofing
tools, try installling or re-installing them. Contact your local reseller to
obtain Office proofing tools. For more information, see the Microsoft Office
Site."

And here I am.

After that above error if I push the issue with Word 2007 by hitting F7 or
clicking on spell check it will justtell me that "Spell Check is Complete."
No red or green wavey underlines ever. The Thesaurus will not work either
however, it will act as though it will by bringing up the right side panel
with options.

I see I am not the only one that does not have the override-en-US in their
regedit and there have been no solutions posted for this matter. PLEASE HELP,
thanks in advance!

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but
"Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The
language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

To verify your Language settings, if you go to Start/All Programs/Microsoft
Office/Microsoft Office Tools/Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings, is
English (US) enabled as your Primary Editing Language and is enabled?

If so, what happens if you exit all Microsoft applications, set another
language as the Primary Editing Language (such as an Arabic language), click
OK, then return to the Language Settings and set English (US) as the Primary
Editing Language?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last
post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared
(always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I
can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the
Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin Kevin is offline

Hi Beth:
No override option on the regedit for shared programs in my situation.
Confirmed the language was set to US English. Selected a different primary
language, and still no spell checking.

By the way, I installed Office 2007 on my desktop and my traveling laptop as
allowed by the license agreement. No problems with spell checking on the
desktop, but the laptop has the problem. Both run XP. When I ran Office
diagnostics, the desktop show one more file set (20) being analyzed compared
to the laptop (19). I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007 on the laptop
as well, but no fix.

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last
post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared
(always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I
can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the
Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin Kevin is offline

In the famous words of Rosanne Roseannadanna... "Nevermind"

I ran the Office set up and selected change. Found that all of the shared
resources were selected as off. Selected them for on, and now spellchecker
works.

Kevin

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last
post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared
(always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I
can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the
Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

That's something I would have never thought to check so we really appreciate
the update, Kevin!

I suspect what you found is another solution to the spell check issues we've
been seeing a LOT lately. I'll be sure to pass this information along to
others. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Dee" wrote:

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last
post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared
(always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I
can't
get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the
Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,