Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] Charles.R.Lindsay@gmail.com is offline

Default Is there a "Code Snippet" like feature in Word 2007?

Not sure if your are famiular with Code Snippits, but basically I'm
looking for a feature that would allow me to type for example: "ASAP",
and have word automatically change it to "as soon as possible".

Does this feature exists? If so, how do I use / activate it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:54:13 -0700, wrote:

Not sure if your are famiular with Code Snippits, but basically I'm
looking for a feature that would allow me to type for example: "ASAP",
and have word automatically change it to "as soon as possible".

Does this feature exists? If so, how do I use / activate it?

Yes, it exists -- in fact, there are two forms of it.

The first, which is more like what you expect, is called AutoCorrect.
The short "how to" is: Type the expanded version in a document and
select it; click the Office button and choose Word Options; click
Proofing and then click the AutoCorrect Options button; type the short
version in the Replace box and click the Add button. When you type the
short version in a document, Word will automatically replace it with
the long version. For a more comprehensive answer, click the blue
question mark or press F1, and search for "AutoCorrect".

The second form, called AutoText, requires you to type the short
version in the document and then press F3. It was easier to use in
previous versions, and may become easier again in the next version,
but in 2007 it won't satisfy your needs. You can find information
about it in the Help if you really care.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman