Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ravi Shankar Ravi Shankar is offline

Default this modification is not possible since the selection is locked

When I try to open a word document in windos XP ... I am getting a messahe as
"this modification is not allowed since the selection is locked" . May be by
chance i pressed some buttons i guess document has got locked and now i am
unable to edit or change the content of document. Ho do i unlock it now.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is this with a specific document? Then you could try turning off document
protection. In Word 2003, click Tools | Unprotect Document. In Word 2007,
click Developer tab | Protect Document | Restrict Formatting and Editing.
Word displays the appropriate task pane.

If the issue is with all documents, make sure that Word has been activated.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP