Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike I

Default Formatting of numbered indented headings

In setting up headings/levels to create a TOC, I end up with the following -
any ideas? Why doesn't the final digit start over at 1? Thanks

1 Heading
1.1 heading
1.1.1 heading
1.1.2 heading
1.2 heading
1.2.3 heading
1.2.4 heading
1.3 heading
1.3.5 heading

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Display the Bullets and Numbering dialog. On the Outline numbering tab,
ponder the radio buttons 'restart numbering' and 'continue previous list'.

"Mike I" Mike wrote in message
news
In setting up headings/levels to create a TOC, I end up with the
following -
any ideas? Why doesn't the final digit start over at 1? Thanks

1 Heading
1.1 heading
1.1.1 heading
1.1.2 heading
1.2 heading
1.2.3 heading
1.2.4 heading
1.3 heading
1.3.5 heading

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. (For
bullets see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html, the
subject is related.)

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

Additional information you may find useful or need is at:

How to Create a Template, Part II
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

You may also want to look at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...odscontent.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Mike I" Mike wrote in message
news
In setting up headings/levels to create a TOC, I end up with the
following -
any ideas? Why doesn't the final digit start over at 1? Thanks

1 Heading
1.1 heading
1.1.1 heading
1.1.2 heading
1.2 heading
1.2.3 heading
1.2.4 heading
1.3 heading
1.3.5 heading

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

In the Customize Outlined Numbered List dialog box, make sure that the
third level of numering is set to restart numbering after level 2. (If
this option doesn't show, click the More button.) See also
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP