Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David K David K is offline

Default How do I make a drop-down list that allows me to select 1 item?

Making a template for physician notes in patient records. Want to have lists
of common symptoms, for which some patients have several (but not all and not
same) ones.

Want commas to separate these. It would be great if form could put 'and' or
'or' just before the last word in of some of these lists. (e.g. Patient has
cough and fever; or Patient doesn't have pain or rash).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 06:37:02 -0700, David K David
wrote:

Making a template for physician notes in patient records. Want to have lists
of common symptoms, for which some patients have several (but not all and not
same) ones.

Want commas to separate these. It would be great if form could put 'and' or
'or' just before the last word in of some of these lists. (e.g. Patient has
cough and fever; or Patient doesn't have pain or rash).

Word's dropdown form field is completely incapable of anything like
this.

You can use VBA (macro programming) to create a userform, which is a
custom dialog box. In the userform you can have a list box that can be
configured to allow multiple selections. When the user clicks the OK
button to dismiss the dialog, the selected items from the list can be
inserted in the document at a predetermined place, separated by
anything you choose.

To get started, read
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm. For
further help, post in the userforms newsgroup,
microsoft.public.word.vba.userforms
(http://www.microsoft.com/communities...a.userform s).

--
Regards,