Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
data1234 data1234 is offline

Default Word is taking formated feild and converting it

I am using excel to do a mail merge in word 2007 when I import my fields it
takes my numbered columns and changes format in the number fields with a .
Cent. For example 2333.35 (dollar amount formatted as a number with 2
decimal spaces) it turned it into 2333.3499999999999. Why would it do this
and what do I need to do to prevent from happening again , I am beginning to
think I want my 2003 version back. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP MY JOB IS COUNTING
ON IT!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word is using the data as it is stored in Excel. See the following page of
fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"data1234" wrote in message
I am using excel to do a mail merge in word 2007 when I import my fields it
takes my numbered columns and changes format in the number fields with a .
Cent. For example 2333.35 (dollar amount formatted as a number with 2
decimal spaces) it turned it into 2333.3499999999999. Why would it do
this
and what do I need to do to prevent from happening again , I am beginning
think I want my 2003 version back. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP MY JOB IS
COUNTING
ON IT!

Formatting a Mail Merge Feild William5271 Mailmerge 1 June 1st 07 05:49 AM
How to ignore a feild in Mail Merge Andrew St-Johnston Mailmerge 4 March 8th 07 08:57 PM
Word to PDF Conversion Nor Formated the Same Mark T. Page Layout 2 August 20th 05 06:31 PM
required feild jis Microsoft Word Help 1 August 10th 05 08:59 PM
Merge Feild duplicating for 50+ pages BaileyS Mailmerge 1 April 5th 05 09:36 AM