Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jwcev jwcev is offline

Default Word 2003 Crashes on merge

Having problems when trying to merge a large Word 2003 file using the
following:

Novell GroupWise 7
Microsoft Word 2003
Microsoft Excel 2003 (for the user list)

We have tried this on several different systems with the same effect. We
are attempting to send a mass e-mail to a simple user list in an excel file
(first, last, and email). When we actually go to merge, Word will crash
leaving a single message queued to send manually. We were successfully able
to send using this list for other items. This particular message is quite
large (8 pages). Is there a limit on the length of document that can
successfully be merged?