joey

Default recover deleted document. (recycle bin cleared)

Is it possible to recover a deleted document? How? recycle bin has been
cleared.
Amedee Van Gasse

joey shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Is it possible to recover a deleted document? How? recycle bin has
been cleared.

No, unless you BUY special recovery software.

Deleting a file marks that space as available for other files.
As long as the space isn't overwritten by other files, you might have
(a very small) chance.

If it's overwritten, only special labs can extract your file - think
"CSI - *" kind of labs. Very expensive, you might want to consider
backups in the future.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.1.2
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?
TF

Joey

Providing that you do this before Windows has the opportunity to overwrite
the data area vacated by Windows, you should be able to recover this using
File Scavenger (download from www.quetk.com/prod02.htm ). This is because
when Windows deletes a file, in reality it only marks the disk area as
free - it doesn't actually erase it. A utility such as File Scavenger will
search the disk looking for tracks recently marked as free to see: if it
finds intact data, it will list it for recovery.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/