Villager

Default Remove symbols from text

In Windows XP Home Edition, Version 5.1-- All of a sudden, paragraph and
arrow symbols popped into my Word document and every Word document I open.
How do I remove these permanently and keep it from happening again?
Villager

"Villager" wrote:

In Windows XP Home Edition, Version 5.1-- All of a sudden, paragraph and
arrow symbols popped into my Word document and every Word document I open.
How do I remove these permanently and keep it from happening again?

Doug Robbins

Click on the Show/Hide button ¶

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Villager" wrote in message

"Villager" wrote:

In Windows XP Home Edition, Version 5.1-- All of a sudden, paragraph and
arrow symbols popped into my Word document and every Word document I
open.
How do I remove these permanently and keep it from happening again?

Villager

"Villager" wrote in message

"Villager" wrote:

In Windows XP Home Edition, Version 5.1-- All of a sudden, paragraph and
arrow symbols popped into my Word document and every Word document I
open.
How do I remove these permanently and keep it from happening again?

Where is the show hide button? I cannot find this symbol anywhere. Thanks

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It is usually on the Standard toolbar. If it does not appear there, click
on the Toolbar Options arrow thingy at the right hand end of the toolbar.
Of in the ToolsOptionsView dialog, click on the items that you want to see
under the "Formatting marks" section of the dialog.

--

"Villager" wrote in message

"Villager" wrote:

In Windows XP Home Edition, Version 5.1-- All of a sudden, paragraph
and
arrow symbols popped into my Word document and every Word document I
open.
How do I remove these permanently and keep it from happening again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Juan Carlos

Get to where you are about to send an emial.
Tools...Options .....
'Fomating marks' section shoud have no boxes checked