Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CS

Default send fax

Am trying to use fax console to send fax by a dial up modem. It seems to dial
ok and then connects but then there is an error and wont send.
I have the computer and home phone on same line. I unhook phone to use fax
as it does not get dial tone otherwise.
Is there something i have not connected correctly?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

This has nothing to do with Word. You may have more success asking your
question in a Windows newsgroup.
My guess is a problem with the cable that connects the modem to the
telephone line. You shouldn't have to disconnect the phone. Also make sure
you have the latest modem driver and that it is setup for the correct
country.

CS wrote:
Am trying to use fax console to send fax by a dial up modem. It seems
to dial ok and then connects but then there is an error and wont send.
I have the computer and home phone on same line. I unhook phone to
use fax as it does not get dial tone otherwise.
Is there something i have not connected correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jiranz

If using XP Fax must have faxmodem suitable as found on MS list of approved
types. Some random types work with xp (see google search) but only by luck.
Approved types not available some countries.